Saturday 18 April 2015

Sweet moments of time..!!

 **dedicated to my wife**

The lights were blazing and the blinds pulled over,
The scene was intense with your head on my shoulder.


Each second heightened the gravity of your pains,
Strangely, the doctors were happy with no complaints.


Putting a brave face, my tears I hid,
Just to ease your pains, my Life I could bid.


The time was up, when they shifted you above,
Fretting in the lobby, I was praying for my love.


In a corner inside the O.T., I stood mesmerized at the sight,
Draped in a blanket the li'l one emerged like a knight.


His mere presence brought a big-smile on your face,
Defying all odds, you had finally won the race.


The hardships a lady does face, only makes me think,
She is indeed a powerhouse, often pushed to the brink..!!


--Lokesh Chauhan