Saturday 18 April 2015

The Eternal Bliss...!

Seated across at the wedding dinner with many other folks,
Your hesitant smile made my heart pound over a hundred strokes.


Stepping into a new world you clutched my hand with hope,
Assuring you of my fidelity, I promised never to dope.


The hunk that I WAS, trying to flirt with every other girl,
Suddenly your deep brown eyes became my only World.


Afraid of commitments I was skeptical of tying the knot,
Your Stance killed my apprehensions, with the perseverance you taught.


Like every other couple at times we did fight,
Not wanting to ever let me go, you embraced me with all your might.


I loved the silly things about you, Flattered by your flair,
The warmth (for me) that I see in your eyes is truly very rare.


At times you are indeed heavy on my Pocket **smiles**
Though, relishing our company, the money I easily forget.


It’s been exactly an year since we started our Life,
Today, each part of me is proud to pronounce u 'The Best Wife'


My love - To please you with expensive gifts, I don’t earn much,
Dedicating these lines to u, it’s your Heart I'm hoping to touch.


Let the world envy us for our eternal-bond, which isn't to hide,
Vows that I took around the fire, till death I shall abide...!


--Lokesh Chauhan